The primary responsibility of this position is the supervision of poultry processing from the chiller area, through Production, Packing, Bagging, Weighing, Boxing, and Icing while meeting established safety and quality standards, and production orders.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. Degree in Poultry Science or related field, with a minimum of three years processing experience, or a minimum of five years experience as a processing supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with managers, superintendents, supervisors, and support departments.
- Microsoft Office skills -Basic
- Strong customer service skills.- Advanced
- Excellent problem solving skills.-Advanced
- Team Building and Leadership-Advanced
- Excellent Follow up skills are critical in this role – Advanced
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Allen Harim’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Supervises the production of birds to meet established Cut-Up, Deboning, Packing, and standards.
- Responsible for the safety and health of employees, which includes but is not limited to, safety and health awareness and training, accident prevention and incident investigations, and safe work practices.
- Meets or exceeds established yield requirements in all departments.
- Responsible for safety and loss prevention and training of subordinates and new employees.
- Maintains constant communications with Shipping Superintendent in order to schedule required daily production flow.
- Directly supervises departmental supervisors, and maintains proper staffing for department as authorized.
- Calculates and distributes related processing reports to Managers and Supervisors.
- Recommends and administers discipline and control to achieve inter- and intra-departmental relationships and communications.
- Supervises special projects and other activities as assigned.
- Provides assistance to the Shift Manager and coordinates production with the First Processing Superintendent on an ongoing basis.
- Advises and suggests cross training and developmental courses and activities to employees.
- All other related duties as assigned.