January 8, 2020
The primary responsibility of the Accounts Receivable Associate position is to assist the Credit Manager in all aspects of the credit and collections area of the company
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate Degree in Accounting or related field
- Five years of accounting experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounts Receivable experience a plus
- Experience with SAP a strong plus
- Microsoft Office skills with an expert focus on Excel.
- Strong customer service skills. – Advanced
- Excellent problem-solving skills. -Advanced
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. -Advanced
- Team Building and Leadership-Advanced
- Analytical Skills – Advanced
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all A/R functions to include posting of payments, research and distribute of customer deductions.
- Assist Credit Manager to successfully implement banking lock box processing for checks.
- Manage payment deduction process using the Deduction Management Component of SAP.
- Issue weekly reports to senior management and sales regarding status of open deductions.
- Contact customers for deduction documentation when not provided with the original payment.
- Process and clear deductions once sales have approved them.
- Call customers to secure payments on past due accounts with the goal of maintaining a DSO of less than 13 days.
- Establish cordial yet business like relationships with our customers.
- Responsible for verifying customer rebate deductions as well as generating reports for monthly customer rebate and broker commission payments.
- Serve as backup for Credit Manager
- Maintain monthly contract reporting and follow up on expiring contracts.
- Assist with broker commission and customer rebate system and process.
- Maintain master file for all contracts. Follow up on expiring contracts with appropriate manager.
- Fixed Asset Assistance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.