The primary responsibility of the Assistant Credit Manager position is to assist the Credit Manager in all aspects of the credit and collections area of the company
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field
• Five to seven years of progressive and increasingly complicated accounting related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Credit/Collection and SAP experience a strong plus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible for all A/R functions to include posting of payments and reconciling of A/R balance to GL at month end.
• Assist Credit Manager and Controller to successfully implement lock box payment posting
• Banking lock box processing for checks and ACH’s.
• Balance sheet reconciliations for the AR related accounts which are: AR Trade, Rebate and Sales Commissions accrual accounts
• Manage payment deduction process using the Deduction Management Component of SAP.
• Issue weekly reports to senior management and sales regarding status of open deductions.
• Contact customers for deduction documentation when not provided with the original payment.
• Process and clear deductions once sales has approved them.
• Serve as a liaison between the customer and the sales department as needed
• Call customers to secure payments on past due accounts with the goal of maintaining a DSO of less than 13 days.
• Establish cordial yet business like relationships with our customers.
• Learn the Broker Commission and Customer Rebate system and process.
• Responsible for verifying customer rebate deductions as well as generating reports for monthly customer rebate and broker commission payments.
• Set up and maintain broker and rebate programs in SAP.
• Serve as backup for weekly and monthly reporting done by the Credit Manager
• Assist Credit Manager with credit reviews on existing accounts and for businesses wanting to establish credit with Allen Harim Foods.
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager.