September 30, 2019
The Corporate & Live Accountant is responsible for processing broiler producer settlements and assisting the Live Accounting Supervisor and the Live Accounting Manager in the preparation of all accounting and financial data to provide management with accurate information in the areas of costs, budgets, forecasting and to do so in an efficient manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- 3+ year in accounting with a poultry, meat or perishable foods preferred but not required.
- Cost Accounting experience a plus.
- MTECH and SAP experiences a plus.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process weekly broiler producer settlements run flocks to settle report and pull producer files.
- Reconcile fuel histories for each farm to settle.
- Reconcile processing and feed transactions daily and scan to shared folder.
- Research and correct discrepancies with settlements, reports, etc.
- Distribute all settlement reports as required.
- Prepare the weekly broiler and breeder ACH.
- Corrections after settlement as required.
- Setup new broiler producers in MTECH as required.
- Maintain producer bank assignments and deductions.
- Maintain active and inactive producer files.
- Respond to all producer inquiries.
- Input and interface medication, litter, and vaccine data for each flock.
- Maintain and post mortalities transactions in MTECH, run and distribute weekly mortality reports.
- Maintain company farm leases.
- Prepare and distribute weekly live cost estimate and Grower Performance Report.
- Prepare and distribute weekly minimum pay, Cobb, CIP, feeding practice reports.
- Evaluate and maintain accuracy of general ledger.
- Reconcile all accounts assigned within required timeframe.
- Prepare and record journal entries as required.
- Prepare and distribute monthly management reports.
- Analyze weekly/monthly corporate & live cost variances to the plan and to the prior periods.
- Input and upload Agristats data, weekly and monthly.
- Answer Agristats’ questions by analyzing weekly/monthly data submitted.
- Test broiler settlement function in MTECH whenever there is an update.
- Perform accounting duties as directed including budgeting and costing control.
- Produce corporate & live cost budgets.
- Assist the Directors in the cost benefit analysis for capital/expenditure requests.
- Assist the Corporate & Live Accounting Manager and Live Accounting Supervisor in the daily and monthly administration of financial and accounting practices of the live operations business and corporate overhead.
- Back up the Ingredients Payable Specialist.