The primary responsibility of this position is to train and supervise associates in the Evisceration Department. This needs to be accomplished in a safe and efficient manner while achieving set departmental goals.
Education and/or Experience
- S. Degree in Poultry Science or related field and one year experience, or three years of processing experience with high school diploma and some supervisory exposure and aptitude.
- Demonstrated ability to learn, interact and communicate with employees at all levels.
- Microsoft Office skills -Basic
- Strong customer service skills.- Advanced
- Excellent problem solving skills.-Advanced
- Team Building and Leadership-Advanced
- Excellent Communication Skills – Advanced
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Allen Harim’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Develop and implement Action plans and Key initiatives to meet annual budget, Operating Plan, Balanced Scorecard, and Agristat’s metrics.
- Supervise production lines at appropriate speed for specific plant.
- Responsible for the safety and health of employees, which includes but is not limited to, safety and health awareness and training, accident prevention and incident investigations, and safe work practices.
- Staff department each day and ensure all necessary equipment is available to perform required tasks.
- Responsible for safety in the department by making sure the work environment is safe and all associates understand safety rules and policies.
- Oversee training of associates so they fully understand their job requirements and proper techniques to perform assigned tasks.
- Ensure department is in compliance with NELS and HACCP checks as well as the USDA.
- Coordinate with other department supervisors to maintain proper flow of birds to the chiller.
- Assist Supervisor in the daily staffing and allocation of personnel.
- Supervise wash down at lunch and between shifts to meet USDA requirements.
- Cross train employees to allow for job rotation and relieving for breaks.
- Work within Allen Harim management system.