April 8, 2022
The primary responsibility of the Flock Supervisor is to provide day-to-day technical to contract producers, representing Allen Harim Foods in a positive way.
Education and/or Experience
- Two-year degree in Agri Business, Poultry Science or related field OR equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and follow-up skills.
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must possess strong problem resolution skills.
- Must be able to deliver business results under pressure while championing performance improvement
- Must have expert customer service skills with a focus on problem resolution to complex issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Allen Harim’s vision, mission and values
- Develop and implement Action Plans and Key Performance initiatives to meet annual budget, Operating Plan, Balanced Scorecard, and Agristat’s metrics.
- Monitor all aspects of poultry husbandry including, but not limited to ventilation, flock health, lighting, feed and feeding practices, water consumption, sanitation, equipment operation, physical facilities.
- Communicate findings, recommendations, and requests to producers and management as well as other related departments such as feed milling, transportation, and health services to ensure that production programs and company policies are being adhered to.
- Monitor chick placements, bird weights, feeding programs, lighting programs, sanitation programs, vaccination programs, nutrient/waste management programs, mortality and rate of lay.
- Assess bird health, administer vaccine, prescribe medications, necropsy birds to identify disease states, weigh chickens, pull blood samples, identify states of flock maturity and uniformity and utilize these findings as tools to determine proper goals for management.
- Verbally and in written form, communicate to producers and flock managers their flock performances and flock management recommendations on current and future flocks in such a way that Allen’s management objectives and time schedules are carried out.
- Document any and all extraordinary findings, management errors, production information (water, feed, weights, eggs, etc.), inventories recommendations, visitations, etc. and submit these reports to management on a regular and timely basis.
- Make daily decisions on, but not limited to the general flock husbandry, etc. as they fall within the objectives and guidelines set forth by Allen’s with all extraordinary situations and any findings to be directed to management.
- To implement, coordinate and follow company safety programs, making sure all employees work in a safe environment.
- Support the Vision, Mission, and Values of the Organization.
- Assist on special projects/schedules.
- Work within the Allen Harim management system.
- All other related duties as assigned.