January 18, 2022
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Poultry Science, Biology or related field with 3 years+ exp., preferable in poultry.
- Will consider 5+ years quality assurance, USDA experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- HACCP certification
- Experience with BRC, SQF preferred
- Minimum of 5 years poultry slaughter management required
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for commitment to safety and health of employees, which includes but is not limited to safety and health awareness training, incident investigations and promoting safe work practices.
- Development and application of the Food Safety/Quality Systems including adaptation to a food safety culture throughout the facility through GMPS and SOPs.
- Ensures compliance with GMP, SOP SSOP, Food Safety via HACCP and GSFI standards.
- Communicate and provide adequate training and understanding to production personnel relative to food safety and quality standards.
- Planning and control of the essential functions for the Quality Assurance Dept., ensuring that all assignments are completed timely and accurately and that all resources dedicated to the department are utilized properly.
- Establishes and maintains lines of communication between Senior Plant Management and QA Assurance Supervisory Team.
- Oversight of critical facility programs to include but not limited to Animal Welfare, HACCP, SSOP, Foreign Material, Process Control and Traceability.
- Establishment liaison for USDA, Pest Control, Antimicrobial, Sanitation and Food Service vendors.
- Responsible for Internal and 3rd party audits to include but not limited to Animal Welfare, Customer, Food Defense GFSI and Halal.
- Provides development, training and support to QA/Food Safety team ensuring full competence of processing, quality and food safety requirements.
- Communicate food safety/quality concerns to Senior/Corporate Management team.
- Monitors inventory and controls departmental costs.
- Keeps abreast of industry innovations and new methodologies for continuous improvement of QA programs and procedures.
- Develops procedures/programs for special projects/pilot programs as required.
Performs service and product audits at customer or supplier locations as requested.