The Assistant Live Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to General Ledger. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial and managerial statements reporting. The successful candidate will apply principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in agricultural business, accounting, finance or business administration
- 3+ years in accounting with a poultry, meat or perishable foods experience.
- Cost Accounting experience a plus
- MTECH and SAP experience a plus
- MS Office Skills (Excel, Word and Power Point) – Expert
- Strong customer service skills. – Expert
- Excellent problem solving skills. – Expert
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. – Expert
- Team Building and Leadership – Expert
- Analytical Skills – Expert
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members – Expert
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations to internal/external stakeholders – Expert
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the Vision, Mission and Values of Allen Harim
- Administer financial and accounting practices of live operations business.
- Perform accounting duties including budgeting and costing control of live operations.
- Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts, and prepare journal entries as needed.
- Review month end general ledger balances and determine to close the period.
- Collaborate with Controller of Finance & Operations in preparing quarterly IFRS statement.
- Analyze and interpret to evaluate operating results in terms of cost, budgets and trends with statistical and accounting information.
- Prepare and maintain annual live budget.
- Coordinate with external auditors in annual financial audit process.
- Communicate internally and externally regarding MTECH technical analysis and issues.
- Broiler settlement review and approval
- Reconcile 1099 informatin for broiler and breeder grower pay.
- Maintain new broiler housing and breeder housing incentive information.
- Submit check requests to A/P for payment to producers/vendors/lenders.
- Supervise ingredient payable specialist.
- Process any broiler litter adjustments in Mtech.
- Supervise any broiler farm and/or entity number change
- All other duties as assigned.