The Live Accounting Specialist is responsible for processing broiler producer settlements and assisting the Live Accounting Team and the Live Accounting Manager in the preparation of all accounting and financial data to provide management with accurate information in the areas of costs, budgets, forecasting and to do so in an efficient manner.
Education and/or Experience
- 3+ year in accounting with a poultry, meat or perishable foods a plus.
- MTECH and SAP experiences a plus.
- MS Office Skills (Excel, Word and Power Point) – Advanced
- Strong customer service skills. – Advanced
- Excellent problem solving skills. – Advanced
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. – Advanced
- Team Building and Leadership. – Advanced
- Analytical Skills – Advanced
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members – Advanced
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations to internal/external stakeholders – Basic
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Allen Harim’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Process weekly broiler producer settlements, run flocks to settle report and pull producer files.
- Reconcile fuel histories for each farm to settle.
- Reconcile processing and feed transactions daily and scan to shared folder.
- Research and correct discrepancies with settlements, reports, etc.
- Distribute all settlement reports as required.
- Prepare the weekly broiler and breeder ACH.
- Corrections after settlement as required.
- Setup new broiler producers in MTECH as required.
- Maintain producer bank assignments and deductions.
- Maintan active and inactive producer files.
- Respond to all producer inquiries.
- Input and interface medication, litter, and vaccine data for each flock.
- Maintain and post mortalities transactions in MTECH, run and distribute weekly mortality reports.
- Maintain company farm leases.
- Back up for Account Payable ingredient specialist
- Assist the Live Accounting Manager and Live Accounting Team in the daily administration of financial and accounting practices of the live operations business.
All other duties as assigned.