This position is responsible for the managing the scheduling, catching and hauling of live chickens from our company owned and contract farms to the processing plant.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma
- Five years of related experience, is preferred
- Knowledge of local area and road travel is desired.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate and interact with employees at every level of the organization.
- MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Must possess strong problem resolution skills.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
- CDL Class A Driver License is a plus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Allen Harim’s vision, mission and values
- Manages the process of up to three dispatchers to have chickens delivered to the Receiving Department and minimize yard shrink.
- Manages the schedule and supervises Live Haul Supervisors and catching crews each working day.
- Ensure cage repair employees maintain and repair cages and cage doors.
- Must coordinate work with broiler servicemen at the growers’ farms.
- Coordinates scheduling of chickens with other processing facilities as business and plant conditions dictate.
- Enforce compliance with all company and DOT safety regulations.
- Visit grower farms to evaluate catching crew efficiencies.
- Work with Truck Shop to keep required number of trucks available to meet processing demands for live poultry.
- Ensures Animal Welfare Program is followed
- Evaluates flock conditions as they arrive; i.e., headcount, DOA’s, weight.
- Keeps Director of Live Operations informed daily
- All other related duties as assigned.
Maintains required number of CDL Drivers to ensure processing plant does not run out of birds on a daily basis