The Maintenance Area Manager will be responsible for plant maintenance effectiveness and efficiency for the entire facility. Will provide direction, training, coaching, directing to Team Leaders and indirectly to hourly Maintenance associates. Responsible for achieving company established goals on maintenance activities. Must provide a safe and secure working environment for all associates utilizing company-approved processes.
- Five years of maintenace experience
- Requires the ability to make decisions and remain calm under high stress situations.
- Must be able to communicate with all level of employees as well as outside vendors and government agencies
- High School Diploma, College Degree Preferred
- Must have 5 plus years’ experience in poultry maintenance or food manufacturing experience.
- Must have experience with food processing equipment.
- Knowledge of pipe fitting, Shop Machinery, Automatic Equipment etc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Vision, Missions and Values of Allen Harim
- Supervise employees who maintain, repair and service plant equipment and the overall facility.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical systems including industrial wiring, pipe fitting, plumbing, welding, shop machinery, sheet metal, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical controls.
- Knowledge of automatic equipment including its operations to include setup, repair and tear down.
- Must be able to keep all plant equipment working at optimal levels at all time in accordance that meets Allen Harim standards .
- Develop and improve a preventative maintenance program and administer training to ensure operations continue to run properly
- Supervises the repair of all type of building, mechanical and structural problems.
- Ensures that the activities of the Maintenance Department adhere to USDA regulations and plant quality control standards by keeping the Maintenance Supervisors and mechanics informed of the proper procedures and monitoring their compliance in order to maximize the Company’s ability to provide high quality products.
- Proactively provide feedback to management regarding hazards in the workplace and deal with emergency situations.
- Serves as back up to Maintenance Manager as needed.
- All other related duties as assigned.