The Maintenance Superintendent will be responsible for plant maintenance effectiveness and efficiency for the entire facility. Will provide direction, training, coaching, directing to Team Leaders and indirectly to hourly Maintenance associates. Responsible for achieving company established goals on maintenance activities. Must provide a safe and secure working environment for all associates utilizing company-approved processes. Promotes a positive working relationship with the production and support staff.
Coordinate activities of skilled trade workers engaged in maintaining and repairing equipment, structures, utility systems, buildings and grounds. Ensure that USDA, QA and plant management standards on quality, food safety, production, safety, ergonomics, human resources and related plant and department objectives are met.
- The qualified applicant must possess expert knowledge of electrical, electronic, and pneumatic systems. Requires advanced basic boiler, ammonia refrigeration, pipe fitting, shop machinery and automatic equipment knowledge.
- Minimum of five years maintenance supervisory experience specifically in a poultry production facility.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervise employees who maintain, repair and service plant equipment and the overall facility. Must have working knowledge of electrical systems including industrial wiring, pipe fitting, plumbing, welding, shop machinery, sheet metal, hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical controls.
- Knowledge of automatic equipment including its operations to include setup, repair and tear down.
- Must be able to keep all plant equipment working at optimal levels at all time in accordance that meets Allen Harim standards.
- Develop and preventative maintenance program and administer training to ensure operations continue to run properly
- Serves as back up to Assistant Maintenance Manager as needed.