The primary responsibility of the Growout Manager is to provide day-to-day technical support to Flock Supervisors and contract growers representing Allen Harim in a positive way.
Education and/or Experience
- Two-year degree in Agri Business, Poultry Science or related field OR equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 5 years poultry operations experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; organizational and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multiple task
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Programs
- Ability to provide exceptional client service, exhibit a sense of urgency and strong commitment to quality
- Accuracy is absolutely critical
- Integrity, professionalism, discretion and ability to maintain confidentiality essential
- Ability to use personal computers and office productivity software.
- Ability to write original correspondence.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Ability to maintain professional composure when dealing with emotional or confrontational circumstances.
Ability to be an effective team member and handle projects responsibly
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Allen Harim’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Develop and Implement Action Plans and Key Performance initiatives to meet annual budget, Operating Plan, Balanced Scorecard, and Agristat’s metrics.
- Monitor all aspects and standards of poultry husbandry including, but not limited to ventilation, flock health, lighting, feed and feeding practices, water consumption, sanitation, equipment operation, physical facilities and egg pack are being met.
- Achieve cost efficiencies with a high degree of quality for all Growout operations.
- Communicate findings, recommendations, and requests to producers and management as well as other related departments such as feed milling, transportation, egg pick-up and health services to ensure that production programs and company policies are being adhered to.
- Monitor chick placements, bird weights, feeding programs, lighting programs, sanitation programs, vaccination programs, nutrient/waste management programs, mortality and rate of lay.
- Assess bird health, administer vaccine, prescribe medications, and necropsy birds to identify disease states, weigh chickens, pull blood samples, identify states of flock maturity and uniformity and utilize these findings as tools to determine proper goals for management.
- Verbally and in written form, communicate to producers and Flock Supervisors their flock performances and flock management recommendations on current and future flocks in such a way that Allen Harim’s management objectives and time schedules are carried out.
- Document any and all extraordinary findings, management errors, production information (water, feed, weights, eggs, etc.), inventory recommendations, visitations, etc. and submit these reports to management on a regular and timely basis.
- Make daily decisions on, but not limited to the general flock husbandry, etc. as they fall within the objectives and guidelines set forth by Allen Harim Foods with all extraordinary situations and any findings to be directed to management.
- To implement, coordinate and follow company safety programs.
- Ensure compliance with all 3rd party audits, GAP, Animal Welfare, etc
- Assist flock supervisors while on vacation, sick leave or on special projects/schedules.
All other related duties as assigned.