The Plant Accountant is responsible for assisting the Accounting Department in the preparation, reconciliation, and validation of all plant reporting, accounting and financial data. To provide management with accurate information in the areas of yield, costs, budgets, payroll, forecasting, and to do so in an efficient manner.
- Basic: Incumbent is able to use their knowledge/skill with support by more experienced individuals.
- Advanced: Incumbent is able to independently use their knowledge/skill.
- Expert: Incumbent is able to train others on their knowledge/skill.
- Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Allen Harim’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Assure accurate and timely reporting of production/yield reports and statistical data
- Assure accurate and timely reporting of daily/weekly/monthly estimated Profit and Loss for plant(s)
- Prepare business and budget plans
- Develop, modify, and maintain reporting and accounting systems
- Track cost reductions
- Assist with development, implementation, and maintenance of Product Costing system.
- Implement auditing system for inventories throughout the plant(s)
- Assist with managing inventory control
- Monitor purchase orders and fixed assets within the company.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent with 4 years’ experience in an office environment accounting preferred.