The Plant and Cost Accounting Specialist will be responsible for his/her own duties as well as training to back up the Plant Accountant and/or the Plant and Cost Accounting Manager. This position will be responsible for setting up new PLU’s in AS400 and SAP, data review, and may be required to provide management with accurate information in the areas of yield, production reporting, inventory controls, product loss, plant costs, and product costing.
- Microsoft Office skills with Intermediate skills in Excel
- Pivot Table Creation and Manipulation
- SUM IF and VLOOKUP Functions
- Working knowledge of SAP a plus
- Working knowledge of MTECH a plus
- Working knowledge of Agri Stats Reporting a plus
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members and upper management
- This position may require applicant to periodically enter the production floor/coolers/shipping/box room. Applicant must have the ability to recognize hazards and follow safety/HACCP guidelines.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Knowledge of poultry plant processes preferred but not necessary
- Previous experience with Agri Stats reporting a plus
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Allen Harim’s Vision, Mission and Values
- Generate Yields for both plants.
- Collect and upload plant information to outside reporting agencies.
- Play a key role in the process of data comparison/updating to keep systems current and accurate.
- Set up and maintain Material Master data in SAP, Agristats, and Product Spec Accounting Views.
- Assist with other functions performed by Plant Accountant and Cost and Plant Accounting Manager.
- Back Up Plant Accountant and/or Cost and Plant Accounting Manager during PTO/other absences.
- Assist with set up and maintenance of Standard Costing.
Assist with routine audits of data and plant inventories.