The Production Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day supervision of production associates to achieve required production and quality standards in a safe, efficient, and effective manner and for promoting and maintaining positive working relationships within the production group.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience in Poultry Science, Animal Science, Agriculture or related discipline.
- 0-3 years work experience. Should be computer literate with skill in Microsoft Office.
- Requires experience with various industry accepted procedures, including HACCP, SPC, etc., and plant efficiency as it related to yield, lbs./birds, pmh, line speeds and automatic process equipment.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to lead people and get results.
- Must be able to organize multiple protocols/projects and complete on schedule.
- Requires prior supervisory experience. Knowledge of an ability to provide strong customer orientation.
- Must be able to communicate to all levels of the organization
- possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Trains, directs and develops department production staff to meet operating, safety and quality requirements within the department and/or area.
- Supervises production staff to ensure product quality and integrity and ensures all finished product meets or exceeds customer requirements.
- Creates and maintains an environment that is conducive to retaining associates.
- Consistently administers Company policies and procedures.
- Supports and promotes the Company’s goals through effective and efficient planning, communication and coaching, training and overall direction of the workforce.