The Quality Assurance Manager provides leadership, direction and execution of all quality and food safety functions at the plant level to support the Company’s statement of quality. Ensures all products produced meet or exceed all customer, regulatory and Company requirements. Directs the plant Quality Assurance department in selecting, developing, and motivating Quality Assurance team members to achieve Company quality and food safety goals.
- Four Year Degree in Poultry Science, meat of food science
- Minimum of 5 years QA Supervisor experience in food or poultry
- Ability to lead and/or work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of management bot within the company and USDA
- HACCP Certified
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure regulatory compliance for all process within the production environment
- Oversee internal process and procedures to ensure quality
- Oversee quality control staff
- Enhance, implement and conduct internal audits for all necessary programs to allow for the successful passing of third party and/or customer based audit as necessary for business development
- Assure the affiliate spec information, such as packaging specs, package tares, packaging changes etc. flow through the defined company approval process along with basic product spec details
- Represent the company during customer complaint resolution via telephone, email or customer visit as needed.
- Manage and complete assigned projects related to research and development of new products or the improvement of current product process.
- Manage and complete assigned projects of technical and regulatory nature including the representation of the company in industry, customer, and regulatory based situations, meetings or organizations.
- Monitor and control departmental cost.
- Develops a professional working relationship and act as a plant liaison with USDA staff.
- Develop quality assurance and food safety plans by conducting hazard analysis, identifying and establishing critical control points, preventive measures, and monitoring procedures
- Validate quality process by establishing product specifications and quality attributes; measuring production and writing and updating quality and foods safety procedures.
- Establish and maintain lines of communication between QA/HACCP Technicians, QA Supervisors and production.
- All other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of BRC and PVP program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of current USDA regulations
- Knowledge of labeling compliance preferred
- Should have general knowledge of plant functions, i.e., production, maintenance, warehouse, shipping and sanitation.
- Must have good analytical skills.