The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure that the boiler, air compressor, air conditioning and ammonia refrigeration systems at the facility are in safe operating order at all times, and are in compliance with federal and state environmental laws.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Related technical training
- RETA I – IV Certified (preferred)
- PC skills required (MS Office)-Basic
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills are required- Advanced
- High degree of attention to detail- Advanced
- Excellent Communications skills as frequent communication is required- Advanced
- Five years of industrial refrigeration experience
- Requires the ability to make decisions and remain calm under high stress situations.
- Must be able to communicate with all level of employees as well as outside vendors and government agencies
- Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures that the boiler and refrigeration equipment are running properly.
- Responsible for the safety and health of employees, which includes but is not limited to, safety and health awareness and training, accident prevention and incident investigations, and safe work practices.
- Knowledge of state, federal guidelines and laws which impact the boiler/refrigeration area.
- Ensures that records are logged and maintained for oil, steam and ammonia usage.
- Demonstrate ability to troubleshoot problems in the refrigeration, air compressor and boiler room areas.
- Demonstrate capability to operate and conduct preventative maintenance on compressors, ice machines, chilled water, all pumps, and all air conditioners and heaters.
- Actively encourage positive employee relations in a multi-language population for understanding and cooperation between management and employees.\
- All other related duties as assigned.