The primary responsibility of the Sales Representative is to sell and service accounts with Allen Harim products within the structure of the Allen’s sales program. Will establish and maintain positive sales relationships with customers, and provide exceptional customer service; influence customers to purchase Allen’s products. The Sales Representative shall present a professional image with a positive, team-oriented spirit.
- Four-year college degree in Business Management, Marketing or related field, or three years poultry sales experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Must be available for marketplace travel on short notice.
- PC skills required – Microsoft office -Advanced
- Excellent communication skills are a must as this position maintain strong working relationship with processing personnel.
- All other related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Action Plans and Key Performance initiatives to meet annual budget, Operating Plan, Balanced Scorecard, and Agristat’s metrics.
- Sell our complete line of products to assigned customers at the highest price attainable and maintain and build consistent volumes of these customers and others.
- Work directly with buyers and develop good working relationships regarding service, volume, pricing, quality, reliability, and retail contacts.
- Meet with each buyer on a regular basis and fully develop this relationship. File trip notes and results with the Sales Manager and/or Senior Manager, Sales & Marketing.
- Develop new business for products which are designated by Sales Management as hard to sell or need to develop items. This could include new products or ideas.
- Work to minimize the number of drops per truck, reduce freight costs, and improve on-time deliveries and service. This information is to be kept on file for availability upon request.
- Be aware of customer’s credit standing and credit limits. Work within the established credit policy and closely with the Credit Department. Review any deductions weekly and handle per Sales Department direction.
- Maintain a file on each customer to contain the necessary information to effectively track customers’ buying preferences, other suppliers’ volume and pricing to those customers, credit information, unusual buying habits, and sales analysis.
- Maintain a log of quality or service complaints. File with Customer Service Sales Representatives.
- Maintain list of competitive information, including unusual competitive activity, new suppliers, pricing, quality, market share information changes, new products, and any new marketing strategies or ideas. File with Sales Manager and/or Senior Manager, Sales & Marketing.
- Work with Production Coordinator and Sales Manager to improve pre-order forecast to be as accurate as possible.
- Maintain market share, increase market profitability and improve product mix.
- Research and analyze market trends; utilize available inventories and current production to maximize product positioning in your market and maintain profitability.
- Must be accurate with order input and pricing.