April 12, 2022
The primary responsibility of the Sales Manager, is to provide sales leadership to the sales team and manage the regular daily sales business of the team.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- 5-7 years of sales experience preferably in the poultry industry
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and decision making skills
- Organizational and follow-up skills
- Must be mission oriented, dependable, competitive and flexible.
- Knowledge of PC and basic computer applications.
- Microsoft Office skills with an expert focus on Excel.
- Advanced customer service skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Advanced organization skills.
- Advanced team building and leadership
- Expert Analytical Skills
- Strong references required
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports Allen Harim’s Vision, Mission and Values.
- Develop and Implement Action Plans and Key Performance initiatives to meet annual budget, Operating Plan, Balanced Scorecard, and Agristat’s metrics.
- Evaluate all of the key components that will enhance our Agristats MOP ranking
- Coordinate the efforts of the sales team in order to meet time lines or departmental commitments.
- Lead, support and prepare sales team for sales meetings and calls
- Encourage excellent customer service from sales team to include visibility in the marketplace.
- Work with and train sales team to properly arrive at the best daily pricing strategy, expedite the assignment of old product and resolve matters of indecision.
- Review price approvals from the sales team members before they sell a large quantity of product.
- Support our accounts receivable effort by providing the credit team with timely and accurate information when requested or deemed appropriate.
- Stay abreast of all price deductions/adjustments, quality claims, delivery discrepancies, or any other factors that would affect our company pricing, quality, or image in the marketplace.
- Maintain strong working relations with plant management, quality assurance, and human resources.
- Meet frequently with the Director and VP of Sales and to review the sales/marketing plan and to form immediate and long-term strategies to keep our business growing.
- Work within the Allen Harim Management System.
All other duties as assigned.