Allen’s Hatchery (the predecessor to Allen Harim) was founded in Seaford, Del.

1919

Relocated to 126 N. Shipley Street in Seaford, Del., which would serve as the company’s headquarters until 2018.

1935

Purchased first processing plant, in Cordova, Md.

1971

Acquired first feed mill.

1981

Began selling first Allen branded products

1984

Purchased processing plant in Harbeson, Del., and hatchery in Dagsboro, Del., from Cargill

1988

Purchased processing plant and hatchery in Hurlock, Md., from ConAgra.

1993

Major renovation to modernize and update Harbeson (tray pack, capacity expansion)

2003

Opened “state-of-the-art” feed mill in Seaford, DE

2009

Became the first poultry company to be accredited to the SQF 2000, Level 3 system

2010

Established “Nature’s Sensation” brand

2010

Purchased by Harim Group

2011

Purchased former Vlasic Pickle Plant just outside of Millsboro, De.

2014

Rebranded the company as Allen Harim with a new visual identity.

2014

Transitioned to No Antibiotic Ever chicken

2015

$30 million Harbeson expansion complete, including upgraded wastewater treatment plant

2016

Transitioned to 100% Vegetarian Fed – no animal by product

2016

Opened 6-acre solar facility adjacent to our Harbeson, Del., plant

2017

Broke ground on new $22 million hatchery in Dagsboro, Del.

2017

Created Allen Harim Legacy Scholarship

2017

Moved into new corporate headquarters on Pinnacle Way in Millsboro in August 2018

2018